November 2, 2006

Free Software and Open Source Symposium

I spent last Friday at the Free Software and Open Source Symposium held at the Seneca@York campus. It was a fascinating day of presentations that I'm very glad I attended. It was the 5th annual symposium, which was interesting since I somehow managed to miss the first four, even though they were held just a stone's throw from my office!

Overall, a very stimulating conference with lots of ideas for the free & open source software (FOSS) community. The entire agenda is here, recordings of all the sessions are here. Some of the sessions I missed but am looking forward to catching the videos for:


In any case, the next bunch of posts will include the abstracts and some impressions from a few of the sessions I attended.

Update: Here's links to the rest of my posts:

No comments: