September 23, 2006

2007 Triangle Science Blogging Conference

Announced by coturnix on Blog Around the Clock, this looks incredibly cool. Aimed at the North Carolina science blogging community (but I assume everyone is welcome), its aim is to

address a variety of issues and perspectives on science communication, including science literacy, the popularization of science, science in classrooms and in homes, debunking pseudoscience, using blogs as tools for presenting scientific research, writing about science, and health and medicine.
The date is Saturday January 20, 2007 in Chapel, North Carolina. The conference wiki is here, with the program here and list of currently registered attendees here. Registration is free of charge. I'm really tempted to hop on a plane to NC for this one and fly the flag for science librarian blogging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, thanks for blogging the announcement. We'd love to meet you down here for the conference. And note this event is not limited to bloggers - we want scientists, educators, students, journalists, librarians and anyone else interested in science literacy to participate in the conference.

Bora Zivkovic said...

John, I'd love to see you come down here. I hope you can make it.

John Dupuis said...

Anton, coturnix, I would say I'm about 90% sure I'll come down. I hope it becomes an annual event...